Sharp Top is quickly approaching! The dates are August 12-14.
You are invited to serve on the Parent Work Crew, our opportunity as adults to serve the students and advisors of the weekend. As a member of the Parent Work Crew, you will assist in the preparing, serving, and cleaning up of four meals in the dining hall or the snack bar. We also need certified lifeguards for Saturday afternoon. It’s a fun weekend, full of laughter, hard work, and great food! It’s a great opportunity to get a fly-on-the-wall view of what your own children experience during the weekend without them really noticing you are there. See the fun and games, hear the laughter, and experience the worship!
Available jobs include: wait staff, cooks, bakers, snack bar (a good job for those who want to come up just for the day on Saturday), life guard, and (guys) the highly coveted dish pit!
Contact Martie Moore if you would like to sign up! When you do, please include
- preferred job
- second choice of job
- cell number (I’ll assume you receive texts unless you indicate otherwise)
- church you attend
- t-shirt size
- preferences ("I want to room with"… or "my husband and I want a couples room"… or "I want to work with"…)
- if you would like to offer a 5-minute devotional to the Parent Crew, and a preferred time if you have one (Friday evening, Saturday breakfast, lunch or dinner, or Sunday breakfast)
- preferred theme dress for meals (pick 2: favorite team, favorite vacation spot, favorite decade, a youth t-shirt from your church, duck dynasty, or name something new)
- anything I need to know ("I’ll arrive late Friday," etc)
Here’s the “fine print”: Those of you who will be attending Sharp Top as Youth Advisors will not be available as Crew workers. Parent Work Crew members do not bring children who are not participating in the retreat. There is no room and board charge for Work Crew members; normal fees still apply to attending youth who are children of Crew workers.
Contact Martie with any questions, or ask Becca Yan.
Looking forward to seeing you soon!
Martie Moore, Parent Work Crew Boss